22 Jan Smash Burger Sliders with BBQ Sauce
Smash Burger Sliders with BBQ Sauce
8 King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, cut in half horizontally
1.5 lbs Ground Chuck 80/20
1 Yellow Onions, thinly sliced, sautéed
GMG BBQ Sauce (any flavor)
White Cheddar Cheese, sliced to fit slider size
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add onions, cooking until soft and slightly brown.
- Separate ground beef into 8 equal portions. Do not form into balls.
- Prepare buns, remove tops and spread BBQ sauce on the bottom buns, set aside.
- Heat iron skillet to medium-high. Place beef in a hot skillet, immediately take a solid metal spatula and press down until they are 1/4 inch thick then salt and pepper. Let cook for 1-2 minutes until browned. Turn and add cheese, cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove burger from skillet and place on bun then top with sautéed onions and the top bun. Serve hot.
Arbol chili powder and liquid smoke create a rich, smoky intensity to a base of sautéed garlic flavored hot sauce and tomato paste. Molasses and cane sugar are added for a spicy, sweet and buttery finish. Available size: 18 oz.