13 Oct Chicken A La Amy
Chicken A La Amy
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 60 Minutes
3/4 jar GMG Medium Salsa
2 cups Basmati rice
4+ cups Organic chicken broth
3-4 Chicken breast, boneless
1/2 onion Bermuda onion, diced
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 pinch Black pepper
1/2 cup Basil, fresh
About 3 tbsp Sage, fresh
- Put the rice on. Boil the rice right in the broth. (2 cups rice, 4 cups chicken broth). Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover
- Tenderize the chicken breasts with a meat hammer. Add the chicken breasts, onion and olive oil into a pot. Reduce heat and add salt and pepper.
- After the onions start to soften and add 1/2 cup of chichen broth.
- Add the salsa, basil and sage. If it seems to need it, add a little more oil and cover.
- Simmer bresasts for about 20 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Take the rice off heat after 10 minutes, let it sit covered while you wait for the chicken to cook. Baste the chicken with the contents of the frying pan.
- When chicken is cooked, you should have a delicious sauce to put on top of the rice
- Serve with steamed zucchini.
Balanced flavor with a touch of heat, our medium salsa is great on its own or as an accent to spice up recipes. Fresh herbs and peppers make this all-natural salsa a healthy choice with a just-right kick at around 50-200 Scoville heat units.