27 Aug Filetes de Pescado ala Veracruz
Filetes de Pescado ala Veracruz
Servings: 10-11 oz.
1 jar Green Mountain Gringo® Roasted Garlic Salsa
1/4 cup EV olive oil
1 Bay leaf
1 1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano, dried
3 tbsp. Parsley, flat leaf, chopped
1 cup Manzanilla olives, pitted, sliced
1/4 cup Capers, rinsed, drained
1 cup Fish stock or chicken stock
6-8 oz. Fish fillets, boneless, skinless (snapper, grouper)
- In a medium stock pot or large high-sided skillet, sauté the salsa in the olive oil until warmed through.
- Add the bay leaf, oregano, parsley, olives, cappers and simmer briskly for a few minutes to evaporate some of the liquid.
- Then stir in the fish stock and simmer slowly about 15-25 minutes and check for seasoning.
- Place salted-peppered fillets in an appropriately sized, oiled, baking dish and cover with 1 cup of sauce on each fillet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
- Serve with crusty bread.