27 Aug Green Mountain Gringo® Frittata
Green Mountain Gringo® Frittata
1 jar Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa, heated in skillet to dry out
1/2 cup Cream
1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
2 tbsp. Basil and parsley, chopped
To taste Salt and pepper
4 slices Bacon, cooked, in large chop
1/2 Colby- jack or cheddar cheese
- Whisk together the eggs and cream until well combined.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese, herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the salsa, in a 10 inch oven safe skillet, over medium high heat till mostly dry.
- Stir in the bacon, pour in the egg mixture and cook for 5 or 6 minutes till the eggs set on the bottom.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and cook in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, till the eggs are nearly set and the top of the frittata is a nice golden brown.
- Don’t overcook as the residual heat of the pan will keep cooking when removed from the oven.
Frittatas are an excellent way to use leftovers so don’t be shy about adding any of your favorite ingredients to the mix.