27 Aug Green Mountain Gringo® Porky Pine Scallop Skewers
Green Mountain Gringo® Porky Pine Scallop Skewers
1 jar Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa, pureed smooth
24 strips Applewood-Smoked bacon
24 each Scallops, u10’s, cleaned
24 cubes-1/2 of a fresh pineapple Pineapple, fresh, cut into large 1in. cubes
to taste Salt and pepper
10 in. 8 skewers, large
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Lay the bacon strips on a parchment-lined sheet tray and place them in the oven to slowly cook and to render off some of the fat, but only cook them half way through.
- Remove the bacon from the oven to cool.
- When the bacon is cool enough to handle, trim approximately 1-2 inches off of one end or enough so that there is not too much overlapping when you wrap the scallops.
- Clean the scallops and set aside.
- Peel and dice the pineapple into 24 cubes about 1 1/2″ and set aside.
- Puree the Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa until smooth.
- Place salsa in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer.
- Keep warm.
- Wrap each scallop with a piece of bacon and alternately skewer them with the pineapple cubes onto the 10 inch skewers until you have 3 bacon wrapped scallops and 3 cubes of pineapple onto each skewer.
- You will end up with 8 skewers.
- Place skewers on parchment lined sheet trays.
- Raise the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast the bacon wrapped scallops and pineapple skewers in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the bacon is golden brown and crispy and the scallops and pineapple cubes are fully cooked.
- Arrange them all on a large serving platter and spoon the warmed Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa puree over the skewers and serve.