27 Aug Green Mountain Gringo® Rice
Green Mountain Gringo® Rice
1 jar Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa
1/3 cup Oil
1 1/2 cups Rice, long grained
3 1/2 cups Chicken stock
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the rice, stirring often, until the rice begins to brown.
- Add the salsa and stir until the liquid is gone.
- Add the stock and salt and stir well to combine.
- Cook covered over the medium heat for 10 minutes, cut the heat and let sit for another 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot.
Open-flame roasted chili peppers give this salsa a smooth, smokey flavor. For a medium heat of 50-200 Scoville heat units with maximum flavor, Roasted Chili Pepper Salsa delivers.