27 Aug Green Mountain Gringo® Sloppy Joe’s
Green Mountain Gringo® Sloppy Joe’s
16 oz. jar Green Mountain Gringo® Medium or Mild Salsa, 1 each
2 tbsp. Olive oil
2 lb. Ground beef, lean
To taste Salt and pepper
1.31 oz packet Sloppy Joe seasoning packet, 1 each
5 tbsp. Butter
10 each White buns, split down the middle
2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the broiler in the oven for toasting the bread.
- Place a large skillet on the stovetop and turn the heat on medium-high heat.
- Once heated, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil followed by the ground beed and some salt and pepper and being frying the beed stirring occasionally until it is fully cooked.
- When the beef is cooked, drain any fat that is rendered from the beed out of the pan and discard.
- Puree the Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa until smooth.
- Turn the skillet to medium heat and add the 1 package of Sloppy Joe seasoning along with the 1 jar of pureed Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes on low heat and then turn the heat to low and keep warm.
- Smear the 5 tablespoons if butter evenly between all of the open sides.
- Place the bread under the broiler just for 1-2 minutes or long enough to melt the butter and toast the buns evenly.
- Arrange the bun bottoms on dinner plates and pile them high with approximately 1/2 cup of the Sloppy Joe meat each followed by a hefty pinch of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place the tops on serve immediately.