27 Aug Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese
1 jar Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa
1 lb. Tube pasta (rigatoni, penne, elbow macaroni)
2 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Flour
3 1/2 cups Milk
1 lb. Cheddar cheese, well aged, grated
To taste Salt and pepper
1 cup Green Mountain Gringo® Tortilla Strips
- Cook pasta in well salted boiling water until just al dente.
- Rinse with cold water and leave to drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and sauté the salsa for a minute to heat through.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for a minute.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Reduce the heat and simmer stirring consistently until the sauce thickens about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in most of the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the pasta and pour into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and crushed tortilla strips.
- Baking in a 400 degree oven until the crust is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Cooked in all-natural sunflower or safflower oil and sprinkled with a pinch of sea salt, the shape of our Blue Corn Tortilla Strips ensure the strip won’t break no matter how heavy a dipping load it has to carry. Made from stoneground organic blue corn flour, these strips combine perfect leverage with perfect taste.