22 Jan Mexican Breakfast Casserole
Mexican Breakfast Casserole
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb chorizo
1 small zucchini, sliced into half moons
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/3 cup GMG Medium Salsa
2 cups GMG Original Tortilla Strips, crushed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 11×7 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- While chorizo is cooking, add eggs, milk, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- When chorizo is cooked through, remove from pan to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Leave about a tsp of the grease in the pan, just enough to coat the pan.
- Return pan to heat and add zucchini, bell pepper and onion. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Cook vegetables for 7-10 minutes until softened, stirring every few minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup salsa to vegetables and stir to combine. Cook for 2 more minutes then remove from heat.
- Start to assemble your casserole by spreading half of the chorizo in the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with the cooked vegetables, then 1 cup of the shredded cheese, then the crushed tortilla chips, then the remaining chorizo.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients and then sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until eggs are set.