27 Aug Mexican Style Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Mexican Style Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
1-16 oz. jar Green Mountain Gringo® Medium or Garlic Salsa, pureed
1 quart Creamy Tomato Soup
1 1/2 cups Heavy cream
To taste Salt and pepper
3 tbsp. Melted butter
10 in. 4 flour tortillas
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
6 tbsp. Green Mountain Gringo® Medium or Mild Salsa
4 tbsp. Sour cream, for garnish
10-15 strips Green Mountain Gringo® Corn Strips, lightly crushed
1 Avocado, medium, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the tomato soup, pureed Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa, heavy cream and a pinch of salt and pepper into a medium-sized sauce pot.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring often to prevent the soup from scorching.
- When soup comes to a simmer, turn heat to low and keep warm while preparing the quesadillas.
- Lightly brush the melted butter on one side of each of the tortillas keeping the buttered side for the outside to be grilled.
- Place two of the flour tortillas onto a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Top each with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons of Green Mountain Gringo® Medium or Mild Salsa and spread the ingredients out evenly.
- Place the other two flour tortillas on top and lightly press down to sandwich them together.
- Place the quesadillas into the oven to bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Carefully flip each quesadilla with a spatula halfway through the cooking process, so both sides get golden brown and crispy.
- Organize the sour cream, crushed Green Mountain Gringo® Corn Strips and the diced avocado for topping the soup.
- Portion the soup evenly between 4 soup bowls.
- Garnish each soup with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, a pinch of ground corn strips, and some fresh-diced avocado.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 or 8 equal wedges, divide evenly and serve on the side.