27 Aug Texas Eggrolls with Ancho- Chili Sauce
Texas Eggrolls with Ancho- Chili Sauce
1 jar Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa, drained
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp. Mexican oregano
1 tsp. Cumin
6 tbsp. Ancho chili powder
1 cup Tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup Chicken Stock
To taste Honey and salt
4 cups Chicken meat, cooked, diced
8 oz. Goat cheese
1 lg. packet Eggroll wrappers
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a little oil add the oregano, cumin and chili powder and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock and season to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, puree and set aside.
- Mix the chicken and drained salsa with the goat cheese and roll a 1/4 cup in each large eggroll wrapper.
- Seal the edges with water, set seam side down on a baking sheet and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat a pot of oil to 375 degrees and fry the Eggrolls until browned.
- Set on a lined tray to drain and serve hot with the dipping sauce.