27 Aug Texas Lasagna
1 jar Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa
1 1/2 lbs. Ground beef
1 packet Taco seasoning
1 can (15oz.) Tomato sauce
2 cups Cottage cheese
12 Corn tortillas
4 cups Colby-jack cheese, shredded
Garnish Green Mountain Gringo® Tortilla Strips, crushed and guacamole
- Cook the ground meat according to the taco seasoning instructions.
- Stir in the salsa and tomato sauce.
- Mix the cottage cheese and eggs until well combined.
- Layer into a 9×13 baking dish starting with half of the meat mixture, followed by half of the tortillas, half the cottage cheese and half of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat these layers in the same order and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned to your liking.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and top with the tortilla strips and guacamole for service.