27 Aug Texas Lasagna
Posted at 18:23h in 0 Comments
1 jar Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa
1 1/2 lbs. Ground beef
1 packet Taco seasoning
1 can (15oz.) Tomato sauce
2 cups Cottage cheese
12 Corn tortillas
4 cups Colby-jack cheese, shredded
Garnish Green Mountain Gringo® Tortilla Strips, crushed and guacamole
- Cook the ground meat according to the taco seasoning instructions.
- Stir in the salsa and tomato sauce.
- Mix the cottage cheese and eggs until well combined.
- Layer into a 9×13 baking dish starting with half of the meat mixture, followed by half of the tortillas, half the cottage cheese and half of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat these layers in the same order and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned to your liking.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and top with the tortilla strips and guacamole for service.
Yellow Corn Tortilla Strips
They say if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. That’s why our original corn tortilla strips have been around since the beginning of Green Mountain Gringo. Cooked in safflower oil or sunflower oil and sprinkled with sea salt, these stoneground organic yellow corn flour strips are the perfect pairing for any salsa. Available size: 8 oz. 2.17