22 Jan Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers
Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 cup GMG Medium Salsa
1 cup GMG Original Tortilla Strips crushed into small bits for topping
6 Bell Peppers tops cut off and seeds and ribs removed
1 cup Brown Rice
1 cup Vegetable Broth
1 15 oz Can Black Beans drained and rinsed
1 cup Frozen Sweet Corn
2 cups Cheddar Cheese, divided shredded
2 tsp Taco Seasoning
1 small Jalapeño seeds and ribs removed and diced
Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 13×9 inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove tops and cores from bell peppers. Rinse out and make sure seeds are removed.
- Cook brown rice according to instructions. I like to use vegetable broth instead of water as it gives the rice more flavor.
- When rice is done cooking, fluff it with a fork and add it to a large bowl. Add black beans and sweet corn to the rice.
- Next, add GMG Medium Salsa, cheddar cheese, taco seasoning and jalapeño to bowl and stir to combine.
- Fill each bell pepper with about a cup of the rice mixture.
- Place the bell peppers into the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake on center rack in oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven and take the tin foil off. Sprinkle the tops of the bell peppers with a tablespoon of crushed GMG® Original Tortilla Strips and a sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Place the bell peppers back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve bell peppers warm with a side of GMG® Medium Salsa and GMG® Original Tortilla Strips. Garnish with cilantro or jalapeño if desired.